ELO Accuracy Scores

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
BryanK
Sign-up code: 10159

ELO Accuracy Scores

Post by BryanK »

This is likely a "newbie" question that's been asked before. Part of my chess training is playing computer games using Lucas. I am currently playing against Rocinante 2.0, and the strength given at this site is currently 1738 (+20/−20). Is there a degree of confidence in comparing this rating to OTB opponents, either USCF or FIDE? I'm not looking for absolute precision, but I would like to get a reasonable idea of how difficult my Lucas games are so that I can get a sense of my progress. Any input is appreciated (e.g. recommended article or video).

Bryan
BryanK
Sign-up code: 10159

Re: ELO Accuracy Scores

Post by BryanK »

I see that no one has responded to this question. I am not looking for a precise answer, so even something along the lines of "Rocinante 2.0" is probably stronger that an ELO 1500" or something to that effect. Again, I'm not looking for a precise comparison, but at least something that gives me an idea of whether I am wasting my time playing against Rocinante 2.0 because is is far too weak, far too strong, or even "nobody really has a clue of how good these engines are".

I appreciate any feedback.

BryanK
Graham Banks
Sign-up code: 0

Re: ELO Accuracy Scores

Post by Graham Banks »

The following may interest you:

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64290